Plucking is the best way to shape your eyebrows, although some women prefer waxing. But be warned: this is best done by a professional unless you want to wax off half an eyebrow! Some salons also offer ‘threading’ specialists.
To pluck eyebrows, first apply an astringent such as witch hazel to anaesthetise the brow area. Brush your eyebrows into place, then pluck stray hairs underneath the eyebrow arch and anything else outside the natural brow line. Rub some soothing cream onto the area afterwards.
How to Pluck your eyebrows
Step By Step instruction on how to pluck eyebrows:
Step 1 – Make sure you have plenty of light in the room when you are plucking. Why tempt fate by trying this beauty trick in the dark.
Step 2 – To pluck eyebrows, first apply an astringent such as witch hazel to anaesthetise the brow area.
Step 3 – If the hairs are excessively long, it is perfectly okay to trim them with manicure scissors. Trimming them can make a big difference. Actually it is a good idea to trim before you pluck.
Step 4 – Brush your eyebrows into place. It’s also a good idea to tautly hold the skin right above the brow as you begin to tweeze-that will slightly reduce the pain of plucking.
Step 5 – Starting on the inside of the brow (closest to the nose),gradually tweeze the bottom of your brow until the outer corner is half the width of the inner corner of the brow. Take your time when tweezing and go one row at a time.
Step 6 – Pluck hairs in the direction that they grow. Doing so will keep the hairs smooth and will hurt less.pluck stray hairs underneath the eyebrow arch and anything else outside the natural brow line. Go slowly (one hair at a time) so you don’t over-tweeze.
Some tips from Celebrities about eyebrow pluck
1. Avoid overplucking as it can take months for brows to grow back. The space between your brows should be equal to, or a little wider than, your eyes. To find where your brow should go, take a long eyeshadow brush or pencil and hold it parallel to the side of your nose.
2. If your brows are sparse or spotty, you can fill them in by pressing a brown shadow into your brow.
3. Pluck hairs one by one to achieve that dream brow shape.
4. Always pluck in the direction from the nose to the ear.
5. The brows are thicker closest to the nose and they should thin out accordingly.
Know what you need before eyebrow pluck session
1. Pair of tweezers
2. A mirror, preferably magnifying
3. Children’s teething gel if needed
How to find celebrity type eyebrow pluck technique
While many retailers offer eyebrow plucking options and boast them to be from so and so celebrity, don’t rely. Just search for the looks of the eyebrow of your selected celebrity and take it to your stylist. There are even online places where you can find the steps to get the perfect celebrity looking eyebrow.
Everyone loves to look at celebrity eyebrows hoping that they can achieve the same look. The question is how celebrities get their eyebrows to look so stunning? Fact is they get their eyebrows arched regularly almost on a daily basis. They even have a makeup expert sitting for them to complain or make them over. Even celebrities have to sit and get those nasty brow hair plucked with tweezers.
Expert advice on pluck styles of eyebrow
1. Do not tweeze one eyebrow completely and then do the other. You will be able to achieve balanced results by doing a few hairs on one eye and then alternating eyes from there.
2. Stand back from your mirror every few hairs to assess your work.
3. An eye brow shaper is a great thing. It’s pain-free and can be found at most drug stores.
4. If you find there is redness where you pluck, just use a bit of aloe vera gel or tea-tree oil to reduce it
5. If your brows are thin or sparse, maximize the number of hairs by plucking very selectively. Only remove stray hairs under the natural arch of the brow.